Ray's Since 1947
Ray’s Deli & Tavern is the last of its kind. Once one of many grocery store-tavern combos in Petaluma that used to include Volpi’s Ristorante, Mario & John’s Tavern, Fairwest Grocery and Aigus Country Market.
Established in 1947 by Ray & Rose Colaizzi, the building previously housed a Buick dealership and garage named Western Avenue Garage. Now, with a greater emphasis on the delicatessen, we will continue to support the local dwellers, businesses & schools, visitors and the hungry through our food and hospitality.
Whenever possible we use local, organic and sustainable products. Almost all of our food is made from scratch using our own recipes, right
down to salad dressings and specialty condiments. Ingredients and pantry items are of the highest quality.